The Firm specializes in both the procurement of trademarks and the litigation of trademark disputes.
Trademark Procurement: The Firm successfully obtains dozens of trademark registrations before the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a variety of large and small companies. For the last 7 years, The Serbagi Firm has successfully managed the entire trademark portfolio for a large pharmaceutical company, both in the United States and throughout the world.
The Firm has experience in obtained registrations for individuals and companies in a wide variety of fields, including: pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, travel, clothing, photography, education, medical, web site design, dolls, and soft drinks. The firm has obtained and/or successfully protected hundreds of trademarks, including those for blockbuster brands and for start-up companies.
Mr. Serbagi has practiced trademark law for the last 17 years, both at a well-known IP boutique and a large international law firm.
Additional Success Stories:
- Successfully defended a pharmaceutical company in a cybersquatting and infringement dispute.
- Successfully negotiated numerous domain name transfers and negotiated resolutions to domain name disputes in dozens of instances.
- Successfully cancelled the trademark registration of a client’s competitor.
- Frequently overcame the objections of trademark Examiners and obtained dozens of registrations for both large and small companies.
- Successfully defended a well-know educational institution in a trademark dispute involving issues of descriptiveness and infringement.
- Successfully counseled individuals and companies on trademark usage and registration issues.
- Provided clear and accurate trademark opinion memorandums in hundreds of instances.